Client wanted to develop a Content Management System (CMS) for managing videos which are fed to multiple web applications. The CMS is used to upload videos to various storage like Amazon s3 and supports multiple file formats.
The application handled the following
- User Management
- Allow users to upload and watch videos.
- Allow admin to review uploaded videos.
- Allow users to ingest meta data.
- Allow admin to approve, reject and publish video.
Video CMS Features
- Designed with ace bootstrap.
- Highly secured. Only owner and admin can see the video.
- UI is more user-friendly.
- Configured in FTP server.
RailsCarma made use of the APIs provided by the client to upload and manage videos. The CMS is using API methods like http_link, ftp_link, http_upload, ftp_upload, http_download to manage videos and OTT API for uploading meta data.
Client – Product Based Company, India
Man hours spent – 900+ hours
- Ruby 1.9.3,Rails 3.2.13, Html/CSS/JS.
- Integrated with ACE bootstrap.
- Gems – devise, paperclips, aws-sdk,mysql2,capistrano,httparty,Apache,passenger.
- API integration with client API
- Amazon s3 storage.
Client details are protected under strict NDA and, therefore we do not disclose such information. However, we can provide references once you make an enquiry.