In general, the fast-food chains, more commonly known as quick service restaurants, are only starting to dip their toes into the technology sector, so when we were approached for a web application aimed at fast-food, we readily took this challenge. The requirement was of an application which would allow the buy and sell of food businesses, buy and sell of fast food catering equipment, listing of products and services aimed at fast food business and advertising jobs to find relevant employees. In short, the application would be B2B centric and would cater to all-things fast-food.
User Will be able to
- Register with the site
- List their businesses, equipment, job vacancies, product or services
- List their interest in finding businesses, equipment, jobs, product or services
- Manage their listing from their profile page
- Search other users listing
- Respond to other user listing
- Receive email alerts
- Apply promotions to their listings
- Admin user to manage the site by creating the required data, managing approvals etc.
- Configuration of Payment gateways
- Search engine integration for robust search of listings in different categories
- Geo search – mile search, zipcode and location search
- Google map
- Social(FB) login and share
- Promotions for listings
- Crons to manage promotions and listing expiry
Client provided a highly interactive and scalable solution for the same using the Ruby on Rails technology – Ruby programming language with Rails framework along with the elastic search gem for robust search of the listings in various categories. With an Admin portal to manage the operations of the site. Includes additional quality attributes of Responsiveness which works well across all devices and screen sizes i.e. tablets, phones and desktops.
Client – eCommerce Company,United Kingdom
Man hours spent – 2000+ hours
- Ruby 2.1.3, Rails 4.1
- Bootstrap 3.1
Ruby on Rails Gems
- capistrano 3.1
- will_paginate 3.0.6
- devise_invitable 1.3.4
Client details are protected under strict NDA and, therefore we do not disclose such information. However, we can provide references once you make an enquiry.