The client is a national body which represents most of the media display companies in Australia. They had a requirement to develop an industry-wide audience measurement system across all major formats like roadside, railway stations, trams, etc. to provide the advertisers with the latest data of reach.
The application handled the following
- Provides audience measurement results for more than 64000 advertising faces within the 5 main cities in Australia.
- Users (advertisers) can access 112 target demographics across 3 areas to measure their campaigns– Roadside, Transport and Lifestyle/Retail.
- Present detailed reports of the marketwise measurement results.
- Processing of the latest input data provided by various partners and provide the precise results.
- Ability to select smaller areas (sub-areas) using Google maps to find the exact measurement details on small scaled zones. These also includes additional details of car-drivers, pedestrians etc.
- Ability to see the population density on specific zones of major five cities in Australia.
Modules of the system
- Package Builder.
- Campaign Builder.
- Organizations and Agencies.
- Formats and planning by formats.
- Users, Companies and Access control.
- Dot-Density maps
- Sub-areas management
- Mode-split data
- Variance Report
- Site Builder
RailsCarma was chosen as the development partner for this application due to the team’s expertise in handling large scale apps, and insight into the field of marketing. RailsCarma developed the application taking care of all their requirements, giving utmost care to the huge amount of data that had to be processed and analysed to create the reports.
Client – Software Company, Australia
Man hours spent – 5000+ hours
Audience Measurement System Features
- Process large amount of data daily, across different sites/markets etc. and provide accurate measurement result.
- Reporting framework to showcase the results in graphs and chart.
- Hassle-free migration when data update happens.
- Automated testing framework for the ease of testing and to ensure zero bugs.
- Interactive location maps to identify and select locations.
- API integration for asynchronous handling of data and reports.
- Performance of the application is monitored through New-Relic.
- Reports maps now also include dot-density and kml layers separately. It also shows the results based on user’s selected postcodes etc via maps and populates the corresponding measurement details.
- Application now used the Amazon RDS() service for database usage and back-ups. It’s a cloud based Relational Database Service.
- Rails 3.2.1, Ruby 1.9.3, Html/Css/JS, Postgres DB server.
- Gems- kaminari, new-relic_rpm, cancan, rspec.
- API integration of the platform with googlecharts, etc.
- Postgis, amazon-rds
Client details are protected under strict NDA and, therefore we do not disclose such information. However, we can provide references once you make an enquiry.