The client requires a solution for the workflow management system, using which tasks can be managed. Using this application, administrators can create tasks in the form of nodes and each node in the flow will appear as a task for the user based on the role and user availability.
The application handled the following
- Dynamic connection of external database with different adapters.
- Create complete flow by manually entering raw sql and external database fields.
- Trigger flow and assign it to the available user.
- Dynamic execution of Java scripts
- Dynamic Language translation for static and dynamic data by creating language and uploading translation file.
Workflow Management System Features
- Solution to support multi-language feature for static as well as dynamic data, using a simple file upload from front end.
- Connection between external and internal databases using a simple front end.
- Trigger flow multiple times.
- Automatic task creation based on the completion of parent task.
- Distribution of task among user based on the user availability.
- Transfer the task to other user of the same role.
Client is highly experienced in developing applications that are dynamic in nature and hence chosen as the partners in development.
The system was built with 2 different functional modules in mind.
- Workflow management
- Connection to internal and external DB
- User & Role Management
- Trigger flows
- Manage Vacation and Holidays
- Trigger flows
- Complete the task for the assigned date
Client – Software Company, Turkey
Man hours spent – 1200+ hours
- Ruby 2, Rails 3.2.17, Html/CSS/JS.
- Gems – jquery-fileupload-rails, paperclip, rubyzip, device, cancan, will_paginate, meta_search, delayed_job_active_record
- Integrating the application with ftp hidrive for storing files
Client details are protected under strict NDA and, therefore we do not disclose such information. However, we can provide references once you make an enquiry.