On the pretext of sounding like overzealous teenagers, let us tell you that Ruby on Rails is hot, massively hot! Known as ‘Ruby on Rails’, ‘RoR’ or ‘Rails’, Ruby on Rails is a rapid web development framework developed in high level programming language called as Ruby. The best part about Ruby is that it offers the perfect balance between simplicity and performance and applications can be created with considerably less efforts when compared to other programming languages. In short, Ruby on Rails is probably one of the most productive ways to build an application. The agility and the speed that Ruby on Rails offers helped it gain the massive popularity it enjoys. It is also one of the easiest languages to learn and that is one of the major reason on why it is so popular among developers. Check out 7 Reasons why Ruby on Rails is massively popular among developers.
The Advantages Offered by Ruby on Rails
1. RoR offers freedom and flexibility in writing codes. This framework allows you to do a lot more work just with few lines of codes, unlike many other programming languages where you need to write long codes.
2. Ruby on Rails excels among most other conventional programming languages when it comes to versatility. The tools of this framework offer great utility in the sense that programmers need to be a little cautious while writing codes regardless of which programming language they’re working with. This is the main reason why most of web developers prefer Ruby on Rails for its uncluttered syntax which does not require too much punctuation.
3. If a situation arises where speedy development of website is required, RoR provides an easy and efficient work platform. Independent web developers are found to be more likely to slant towards Ruby on Rails, since Java and .NET framework are usually used in larger organizations which uses conventional software solution.
4. Another best thing about Ruby on Rails is the huge list of categorized, reusable codes suitably termed as “gems” which makes it even easier to build an application.
5. Pragmatism is probably the underlying principle behind all things Ruby. There is no place for overly complicated things.
6. Rails and most of its libraries are open source, there are no licensing costs involved. There is a vibrant community of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts constantly improving codes and helping others on their projects. There’s a chance that someone has already built something similar before or is willing to help you to fix any issues you may have. Basically, you have a large group of people available to help you for all things Ruby!
7. RoR enables your web application to break free from the standardization of template solutions.
Ruby on Rails is not only ideal for the larger companies, but it’s perfect for startups or local businesses as well. In a web landscape where you need to stand out to make something out of your project, Ruby on Rails allows your web application to break free from the standardization of template solutions at a cost that won’t cripple your bottom line.
Our developers are well versed in doing all kinds of ruby on rails development work and handling any kind of project. Contact us to know more about our development skills and the projects which we can handle.